The Anybus-CompactCom EtherCAT communication module provides instant EtherCAT connectivity via the patented Anybus-CompactCom host interface. Any device that supports this standard can take advantage of the features provided by the module, allowing seamless network integration regardless of network type.
The 100 Mbit/s EtherCAT interface uses 2 standard RJ45 connectors. It supports a simple low cost line structure, a tree structure, daisy chaining or drop lines - no expensive infrastructure components are required.
The EtherCAT protocol is based on the standard IEEE 802.3 layers according to ISO/OSI. The module physical layer is 100BASE-X. The communication profile is the CANOpen adapter device profile using SDO´s and PDO´s for data communication.
- CAN application protocol over EtherCAT (CoE)
- Galvanically isolated bus electronics
- Network Identity customisation
- EMCY support
- Up to 256 bytes of fast cyclic I/O in each direction
- Up to 16383 ADIs can be accessed from the network as Manufacturer Specific Objects
- Generic Device Description File provided by HMS
HMS Industrial Networks GmbH