EC-Win is an industry proven open EtherCAT real-time platform for Windows systems. It is possible to create extremely fast, deterministic EtherCAT based real-time solutions. Typical applications are motion controllers, PLC controllers or real-time measurement applications up to 20 kHz cycle. Core component of EC-Win is the powerful EC-Master Stack which was specifically optimized to match with the proven and reliable acontis Windows hypervisor and real-time technology, respectively.
- Integrated hypervisor: Windows and the real-time part (operating system) are safely separated. Protection against Windows system failure (blue screen).
- Standard POSIX support for the real-time part (preemptive multitasking, threads, events, semaphores, mutexes, ...).
- 32 Bit or 64 Bit support, independent from Windows bit size
- Fast high resolution system timer (resolution below 10 nanoseconds). Interrupt frequencies up to 20 kHz can be achieved.
- Using multiple CPU cores for both, Windows and/or the real-time part is possible (SMP: symmetric multiprocessing). This is especially important for quad core CPUs etc.
- Virtual TCP/IP network between Windows and the real-time part. The full functionality of the EtherCAT diagnosis features can be used.
- Comfortable development and debugging environment using Microsoft Visual Studio. Remote debugging via Ethernet is possible.
EtherCAT Master Run Time
- EC-Master Stack C/C++ Library with Class A functionality.
- Fast and real-time optimized drivers for Intel and Realtek network controllers.
- Standard mailbox protocols: CoE, SoE, AoE, VoE.
- Distributed clocks support including synchronization of the Windows real-time part.
- Slave to slave communication via master.
- Bus scan with topology detection, analysis and verification.
- EEPROM programming (read and write).
- Comprehensive and proven diagnosis.
acontis technologies GmbH